Dr. Elvira Chiritescu, M.D., F.A.A.D.
Dr. Chiritescu has combined her European medical training with American training in Internal Medicine and Dermatology. She completed a three year residency program in Internal Medicine at the New York Hospital Medical Center of Queens, followed by a three year residency program in Dermatology at PennState University.
She is a fully trained Internal Medicine Physician, and Board Certified in Dermatology. Her practice, New Age Dermatology, focuses on medical, surgical and cosmetic dermatology. She has a special interest in skin cancer prevention, diagnosis and surgery, as well as anti-aging, cosmetic and aesthetic dermatology.
Dr. Chiritescu is a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology, a Fellow of the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery and a Fellow of The Skin Cancer Foundation.
- Diplomate: American Board of Dermatology
- Certified: 10/1999, Recertified: through 2019
- Diplomate: American Board of Internal Medicine
- Certified: 08/1996
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Society of Dermatologic Surgery
- American Medical Association
- American College of Physicians
- North American Clinical Dermatologic Society
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- International Society of Dermatology
- The Skin Cancer Foundation
- Dermatology Foundation
- North Carolina Medical Society
- North Carolina Dermatology Association
Personal: She loves her daughter, her husband, and her four cats. She enjoys hiking, traveling, yoga, and also loves nature and animals.